Nerd Guru

Because technical people need good soft skills to get ahead.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Nerd Guru First Blogoversary Scavenger Crossword Contest Spectacular!

After all the hoopla and anticipation, here it is.

To repeat from the post earlier in the week, here's how this works:
  1. Download and print off the JPEGs below
  2. Complete the puzzle, making heavy use of the blog search
  3. Scan your finished puzzle
  4. Email it to me at petecj2@gmail.com
I suppose if you can figure out a way to overlay the letters of your solution on the graphic below, I'd accept that too. The first person to send in a completed puzzle will win a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate. People related to me by marriage or birth are not eligible (sorry, Mom) but people I work with or their children are (that means you, Dan, how busy can the first week of your semester really be?).

I think 14 Across (because of the obscurity of the reference in the Easter Egg) and 18 Across (because I fear the wording of the clue sucks) are the toughest ones. If you can't get 11 Across, you should be ashamed of your lack of nerdiness and turn in your pocket protector to me immediately. Feel free to complain if a clue isn't clear. If I get enough complaints about the same clue, I'll post a hint.

When a winner is determined, I will reveal that persons identity (with their permission) so we can all bask in their glow of superiority and post the solution for all to see. If nobody wins by the time the Super Bowl begins, I'll wimper off by myself and buy a new DVD.

Good luck to all!

The Puzzle (click to enlarge):



The Clues (click to enlarge):


 Was that interesting or helpful? Consider subscribing:  by reader  or   by Email

posted by Pete Johnson @ 11:31 AM   1 comments

1 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Blogger Pete Johnson said...

Howdy all,

Apparently the tool I was using to create the crossword puzzle didn't spell check it for me and I've outed myself as a spelling moron. From a devoted reader:

"I was trying to do the puzzle and notice #9 across appears to have a problem--

'tobacco' only has 7 letters--your puzzle has 10 spaces across.

Unless you meant 'tobbacco'--an incorrect spelling?"

So, yes, I misspelled "tobacco" in my own puzzle and the answer to #9 across is "tobbacco". Sorry for my temporary insanity and reliance on automated tools.

---Pete

 

Post a Comment

   Subscribe to comments in a reader

   Subscribe to comments by Email

<< Home

Technology Blogs - Blog Top Sites